1) I should be in perfect physical condition;
2) I should practice for months just to catch at least one wave;
3) I should constantly fall face down into the cold salt water… oh, that must be very unpleasant;
4) Surfers are often eaten by sharks as they look like big yummy fishes from sharks’ point of view…
But Anna was not persuaded by my arguments and she often asked me when we would go surfing…
Anna: ”Look, how many people are surfing! Perhaps it is not so difficult! We are not worse than the others!” The last argument hurt my ambition. “Well, let’s go surfing.”
And so there we were at Raglan – The Mecca for surfers in New Zealand. We decided to join a 2 days course by Green Wave Raglan.
Two days passed and my arguments were refuted:
1) You should be in perfect physical condition; There were 18 people with different body types at our course and the majority was first-timers like us. 2) You should practice for months just to overcome at least one wave; After 2 days of training all 18 people could surfstanding on the board! 3) You should constantly fall face down into the cold salt water …oh, that must be very unpleasant; I fell dozens or hundreds of times but the ocean was not cold as we had thick warm wetsuits. I didn’t have time to think if it was comfortable or not to fall face down – I had lots of other things to do: climb back, held the camera, see the coming wave, paddle with my arms and not to drop my camera, push the record button, jump on the surfboard, square my shoulders, fall into the ocean with a scream… and start again.
Surfers are often eaten by sharks as they look like big yummy fishes from sharks’ point of view… I don’t know how I got this knowledge but by the end of the course there were still 18 people left.
Our conclusion: We had 2 wonderful days and we were very glad we did it. We were proud that we could surf! Lessons from Green Wave Raglan school were extremely enjoyable and effective! An awesome international team, cheerful enthusiastic professionals!
Sich selbst beim Surfen zu filmen… das war ein challenge!! 🤣Снять себя на доске – это уже высший пилотаж! 😎👏🎖️🎖️
Gepostet von Svetlana Bogdanova am Freitag, 2. März 2018